Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi on Sunday embarked on a 50-km roadshow from here to Salipur in Cuttack district on the first day of his Odisha visit. As soon as the Nehru-Gandhi scion arrived at the Biju Patnaik International Airport, he was received by State Congress leaders including OPCC President Jaydev Jena and AICC General Secretary B K Hariprasad. Party workers welcomed him to the state, as slogans like ‘Rahul Gandhi Zindabad…’ rent the air.
Followed by nearly a dozen of cars, Rahul’s cavalcade passed through Sishu Bhavan Chhak, Rajmahal Chhak, Cuttack Road, Rasulgarh Chhak before leaving the precincts of state capital. Rahul, who began his first ever road show in the state, was greeted by hundreds standing on both side of road.
The security personnel had a tough time at Rasulgarh Chhak as Rahul got down from his car to meet some women standing alongside the road. Some of them thanked him for influencing the Centre to announce rise in LPG cylinder quota to 12.
“The Congress vice-president’s typical smile hooked me,” said Smita Das, a management student. “I wanted to have glimpse of country’s youth leader.”
“Rahulji wants to interact with women, students as well as people belonging from minority community through road shows for one-to-one interaction,” said Nabarangpur MP Pradip Majhi.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Before reaching the Cuttack city, Rahul’s car stopped at Gopalpur on the National Highway where he came out and met with people standing on the road side.
Rahul’s roadshow preceded BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi’s, two days from now. However, state BJP spokesman Suren Pujari claimed that
Rahul’s visit would have no impact on the people of Odisha.
“Rahul’s visit will have no influence on our people as they have suffered badly during the UPI-I and II. Congress supporters might be elated to see Rahul Gandhji, but the people of the state are upset with the Congress-led UPA government at the Centre,” said senior BJD leader and government Chief Whip Pravat Tripathy.