Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh Sunday said neither Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi nor Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal will affect Narendra Modi’s chances of becoming the country’s Prime Minister.
“Whoever comes, it won’t make any difference. 2014 (Lok Sabha) polls are pretty close and in the time to come Modi will become the Prime Minister of the country with full majority,” Raman Singh told reporters when asked if Gandhi and Kejriwal would posed any challenge to Modi.
In the last parliamentary polls, the BJP had won 10 out of 11 Lok Sabha seats in Chhattisgarh, but this time the party will win all the 11 seats in the state to ensure Modi’s win, Singh said on the sidelines of an award function. Speaking about the Madhya Pradesh capital, he said, “Bhopal is one of the best state capitals in the country. I have spent nearly 10 years here and have a lot of fond memories of the city, which is full of natural beauty.”
Earlier, Singh honoured acid attack victim Laxmi and social worker Kavita Bhattarai with the Ojaswani Award. Laxmi’s crusade against acid attacks forced the Supreme Court to ban the open sale of acid in the market, while Bhattarai works for the welfare of leprosy patients. The award was also given to Karuna Fhutane, who engaged in bringing change through organic farming; female Dalit entrepreneur Kalpana Saroj, international shooter Rajkumari Rathore and the couple Seema Rao and Deepak Rao who impart training to forces fighting against terrorism.
On the occasion, Raman Singh also highlighted various social programmes implemented by his government, including the ration card scheme in the name of women head of the family. The award was instituted by the Ojaswani magazine’s editor Sudha Mallaiya, wife of Madhya Pradesh Finance Minister Jayant Mallaiya.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More