Exuding confidence of BJP victory in the elections, senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley claimed that not only will the Congress be reduced to its lowest tally this election but will also have no role to play in the government formation at the centre.
“As the General Elections 2014 comes to a close, the logical expectation is that the Congress will be reduced to a double digit. I do not believe that it will have any role in government formation,” Jaitley said in an article posted on party website.
The senior BJP leader suggested “non-ideological” nature of Congress party around Nehru-Gandhi dynasty for its current weakness more so in the backdrop of “failed” leadership of Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
“The tragedy of the Congress party is that it has converted itself into a non-ideological crowd around a family . I have always believed that indefinite continuation of a dynasty as a mode of leadership selection can be counter-productive for a party. The strength of a party is only as much as the acceptability of that generation of the dynasty. Rahul Gandhi’s leadership failed to inspire both the nation and the Congressmen,” Jaitley said suggesting that Congress has the tendency where “dependence should be made on another member of the dynasty” to make up for the failure of one member of dynasty. “We did see this happening during the polls,” Jaitley said in a reference to Priyanka’s campaign.