Exuding confidence of BJP victory in the elections, senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley claimed that not only will the Congress be reduced to its lowest tally this election but will also have no role to play in the government formation at the centre.
“As the General Elections 2014 comes to a close, the logical expectation is that the Congress will be reduced to a double digit. I do not believe that it will have any role in government formation,” Jaitley said in an article posted on party website.
The senior BJP leader suggested “non-ideological” nature of Congress party around Nehru-Gandhi dynasty for its current weakness more so in the backdrop of “failed” leadership of Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi.
“The tragedy of the Congress party is that it has converted itself into a non-ideological crowd around a family . I have always believed that indefinite continuation of a dynasty as a mode of leadership selection can be counter-productive for a party. The strength of a party is only as much as the acceptability of that generation of the dynasty. Rahul Gandhi’s leadership failed to inspire both the nation and the Congressmen,” Jaitley said suggesting that Congress has the tendency where “dependence should be made on another member of the dynasty” to make up for the failure of one member of dynasty. “We did see this happening during the polls,” Jaitley said in a reference to Priyanka’s campaign.
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation