Yoga guru Baba Ramdev Friday said that Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi visits houses of “Dalits for honeymoon and picnic”, sparking a controversy with the Congress complaining to the Election Commission and seeking a ban on Ramdev’s public speeches.
“He goes to Dalits’ house for honeymoon and picnic. Had he married a Dalit girl, then his luck could have clicked and he would have become the prime minister,” Ramdev said at a programme here.
Ramdev said Rahul wants to marry a foreigner but his mother Sonia Gandhi wants him to become PM first.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Ramdev later claimed he did not mean ill and was willing to withdraw his remarks if they had hurt Dalit sentiments.
Ramdev said he would go to Amethi on April 30 and claimed Rahul Gandhi would not be able to win Lok Sabha elections from there this time.
“Rahul will not win elections. It’s 100 per cent certain… This time, BJP’s Smriti Irani will win from Amethi.
Kumar Vishwas (of AAP) has sowed the seeds against Rahul there (in Amethi) and Irani will get its benefit,” he claimed.
On Priyanka Gandhi, Ramdev said that when it came to her husband’s matter she said her family was being humiliated but what was happening when “I was targeted and 1,000 cases were lodged against me”.
The Congress’s communication department chairman Satyadeo Tripathi said Ramdev was not in his senses. A Congress delegation met UP Chief Electoral Officer Umesh Sinha and demanded that Ramdev’s speeches be banned.
—with PTI inputs