Yoga guru Baba Ramdev Friday said that Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi visits houses of “Dalits for honeymoon and picnic”, sparking a controversy with the Congress complaining to the Election Commission and seeking a ban on Ramdev’s public speeches.
“He goes to Dalits’ house for honeymoon and picnic. Had he married a Dalit girl, then his luck could have clicked and he would have become the prime minister,” Ramdev said at a programme here.
Ramdev said Rahul wants to marry a foreigner but his mother Sonia Gandhi wants him to become PM first.
Ramdev later claimed he did not mean ill and was willing to withdraw his remarks if they had hurt Dalit sentiments.
Ramdev said he would go to Amethi on April 30 and claimed Rahul Gandhi would not be able to win Lok Sabha elections from there this time.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
“Rahul will not win elections. It’s 100 per cent certain… This time, BJP’s Smriti Irani will win from Amethi.
Kumar Vishwas (of AAP) has sowed the seeds against Rahul there (in Amethi) and Irani will get its benefit,” he claimed.
On Priyanka Gandhi, Ramdev said that when it came to her husband’s matter she said her family was being humiliated but what was happening when “I was targeted and 1,000 cases were lodged against me”.
The Congress’s communication department chairman Satyadeo Tripathi said Ramdev was not in his senses. A Congress delegation met UP Chief Electoral Officer Umesh Sinha and demanded that Ramdev’s speeches be banned.
—with PTI inputs