Stepping up attack on Narendra Modi over his alleged links to Adani Group, Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi on Friday questioned how the business house grew from Rs 3,000 crore to Rs 40,000 crore during Modi’s tenure in Gujarat.
Without taking Modi’s name, Gandhi said he (Modi) used to appeal to the people to make him “chowkidar” of the country but in the same person’s regime in Gujarat Adani’s company has been made to grow from Rs 3,000 crore to Rs 40,000 crore.
“We used to run MNREGA scheme with the amount, which this ‘chowkidar’ has given to one company,” he said at an election rally here.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Gandhi said that this election was a fight between two ideologies — one of the Congress and the other of opposition parties.
“This is a fight between two ideologies… One is of Congress, which wants everyone to progress irrespective of their caste and creed. And the other is of opposition, which is of creating a divide between Hindus and Muslims. They don’t want poor and Muslims to progress,” he said.
Alleging that the amount sanctioned by the central government for Uttar Pradesh’s Bundelkhand region did not reach here, Gandhi said, “The Centre had sanctioned Rs 7,700 crore for this region but the amount vanished from Lucknow…”
Gandhi said that during the SP, BSP and BJP regimes people did not get employment, and added that Congress was making industrial corridor passing through Bundelkhand. “This will give employment to lakhs of youths…,” he said.
He also alleged that in Bundelkhand over two thousand people had committed suicide due to “hunger and thirst”, but the state government did nothing for them.
Slamming BJP over “snoopgate”, Gandhi said that the leaders of this party used to “spy on women”.