Stepping up attack on Narendra Modi over his alleged links to Adani Group, Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi on Friday questioned how the business house grew from Rs 3,000 crore to Rs 40,000 crore during Modi’s tenure in Gujarat.
Without taking Modi’s name, Gandhi said he (Modi) used to appeal to the people to make him “chowkidar” of the country but in the same person’s regime in Gujarat Adani’s company has been made to grow from Rs 3,000 crore to Rs 40,000 crore.
“We used to run MNREGA scheme with the amount, which this ‘chowkidar’ has given to one company,” he said at an election rally here.
Gandhi said that this election was a fight between two ideologies — one of the Congress and the other of opposition parties.
“This is a fight between two ideologies… One is of Congress, which wants everyone to progress irrespective of their caste and creed. And the other is of opposition, which is of creating a divide between Hindus and Muslims. They don’t want poor and Muslims to progress,” he said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Alleging that the amount sanctioned by the central government for Uttar Pradesh’s Bundelkhand region did not reach here, Gandhi said, “The Centre had sanctioned Rs 7,700 crore for this region but the amount vanished from Lucknow…”
Gandhi said that during the SP, BSP and BJP regimes people did not get employment, and added that Congress was making industrial corridor passing through Bundelkhand. “This will give employment to lakhs of youths…,” he said.
He also alleged that in Bundelkhand over two thousand people had committed suicide due to “hunger and thirst”, but the state government did nothing for them.
Slamming BJP over “snoopgate”, Gandhi said that the leaders of this party used to “spy on women”.