Former Bihar Chief Minister and RJD leader Rabri Devi on Saturday filed nomination papers from Saran Lok Sabha constituency in the state.
Clad in a green salwar suit, Rabri Devi was accompanied by her husband and RJD chief Lalu Prasad in a helicopter from Patna.
Both the leaders took out a road show from the helipad to Chhapra town before reaching the district collectorate to file her documents to the Returning Officer Praveen Kumar.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Later she told reporters “the main contest in Saran is between RJD and BJP- RSS. It’s a fight between secularism and communal forces. We’ll win and the margin of victory will be huge.”
Criticising BJP Prime Ministerial Candidate Narendra Modi, she said, “what can we expect from a person who did not respect his wife and kept her disowned for 40 years? Our nation and its women will not be secure if he comes to power.”
Saran will go to polls on May 7.
Incidentally, the notification for this phase was issued today itself and Rabri Devi became the first person to file her candidature from this seat.
With 14.9 lakh electors, the contest for Saran is being touted as a battle of prestige for Prasad. He won the seat in 2009 defeating BJP General Secretary Rajiv Pratap Rudy by around 52,000 votes.
As Prasad cannot contest election for his conviction for five years in a Fodder Scam case, he has handed over the seat to wife Rabri.