Former Bihar Chief Minister and RJD leader Rabri Devi on Saturday filed nomination papers from Saran Lok Sabha constituency in the state.
Clad in a green salwar suit, Rabri Devi was accompanied by her husband and RJD chief Lalu Prasad in a helicopter from Patna.
Both the leaders took out a road show from the helipad to Chhapra town before reaching the district collectorate to file her documents to the Returning Officer Praveen Kumar.
Later she told reporters “the main contest in Saran is between RJD and BJP- RSS. It’s a fight between secularism and communal forces. We’ll win and the margin of victory will be huge.”
Criticising BJP Prime Ministerial Candidate Narendra Modi, she said, “what can we expect from a person who did not respect his wife and kept her disowned for 40 years? Our nation and its women will not be secure if he comes to power.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Saran will go to polls on May 7.
Incidentally, the notification for this phase was issued today itself and Rabri Devi became the first person to file her candidature from this seat.
With 14.9 lakh electors, the contest for Saran is being touted as a battle of prestige for Prasad. He won the seat in 2009 defeating BJP General Secretary Rajiv Pratap Rudy by around 52,000 votes.
As Prasad cannot contest election for his conviction for five years in a Fodder Scam case, he has handed over the seat to wife Rabri.