Ahead of its possible government formation, a group of four top leaders, including Narendra Modi and party chief Rajnath Singh, has emerged as BJP’s Core Group that is expected to take all key decisions.
Party sources said that hence forth the core group would be taking key decisions. Earlier, these decisions were taken by the party’s Parliamentary Board, the highest decision-making forum which also has party veterans L K Advani and Murli Manohar Joshi, besides Sushma Swaraj, M Venkaiah Naidu, Ananth Kumar, Thawarchand Gehlot and Ramlal as its members.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
All four members of the core group are already members of the Board. Sources also suggest major changes in the party with Gadkari likely to be brought back as party chief and Rajnath drafted for a key ministry in the government. The core group met today in Ahmedabad to decide on whether party veterans like Advani and Joshi will have a role in the government.
“As far as the roles of veteran leaders are concerned, I will call a party meeting to which they will be invited. After thorough discussions with all big leaders, we will decide what role will be played by which person,” Singh told reporters at Ahmedabad airport on way to Gandhinagar to meet Modi.