All India Congress Committe (AICC) General Secretary Digvijaya Singh said in Vijayawada on Friday that D Purandeswari has committed “historic treachery” by quitting the Congress to contest on a BJP ticket from the Rajampet Lok Sabha constituency.
Addressing media in Vijayawada on Friday, he said that though she originally came from the Telugu Desam Party (TDP), the Congress respected her as well as her husband, by allocating tickets during 2004 and 2009 general elections, besides making her a union minister.
He said Purandeswari enjoyed all benefits from the Congress and then left the party before this general election to join the BJP.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Speaking about the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh, Digvijay said that the Congress decided to bifurcate the state only after a consensus was reached among all parties.
He said that after bifurcation, Seemandhra benefited from a real estate boom while real estate prices in the Telangana region went down.
The union government cleared the Polavaram irrigation project to provide irrigation water for seven lakh acres in the Seemandhra region and drinking water for Visakhapatnam, besides also generating 960 MW of electricity, he said.
He said that BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi is a “liar”.
“Modi a trained liar and he learnt the art of lying from the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh. He promotes rumours and false charges against Congress leaders and particularly the Gandhi family,” he said.
He said that Gujarat was already a developed state way back 2002 when Modi took over as chief minister and that the state is highly indebted after he took charge.