All India Congress Committe (AICC) General Secretary Digvijaya Singh said in Vijayawada on Friday that D Purandeswari has committed “historic treachery” by quitting the Congress to contest on a BJP ticket from the Rajampet Lok Sabha constituency.
Addressing media in Vijayawada on Friday, he said that though she originally came from the Telugu Desam Party (TDP), the Congress respected her as well as her husband, by allocating tickets during 2004 and 2009 general elections, besides making her a union minister.
He said Purandeswari enjoyed all benefits from the Congress and then left the party before this general election to join the BJP.
Speaking about the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh, Digvijay said that the Congress decided to bifurcate the state only after a consensus was reached among all parties.
He said that after bifurcation, Seemandhra benefited from a real estate boom while real estate prices in the Telangana region went down.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The union government cleared the Polavaram irrigation project to provide irrigation water for seven lakh acres in the Seemandhra region and drinking water for Visakhapatnam, besides also generating 960 MW of electricity, he said.
He said that BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi is a “liar”.
“Modi a trained liar and he learnt the art of lying from the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh. He promotes rumours and false charges against Congress leaders and particularly the Gandhi family,” he said.
He said that Gujarat was already a developed state way back 2002 when Modi took over as chief minister and that the state is highly indebted after he took charge.