Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Saturday said with NDA government at the Centre, it will now be easier for Punjab to get Union government’s fulsome support and cooperation in all respects.
“People-friendly policies and programmes of the state government can be realised in true spirit, as now with the induction of NDA Government at the Centre, it could be much easier for Punjab to have its fulsome support in all respects,” Badal told reporters here.
Referring to his New Delhi visit during which he had raised state issues pertaining to agriculture diversification, power generation, industrial and economic growth with the Centre, Badal said he had high hopes that all the issues would be resolved soon.
The Chief Minister said for the survival and economic growth of the farming community in the state, he had demanded a comprehensive debt relief package from the Centre.
Responding to the state government’s stand over the drug menace in the state, Badal said the government had already initiated a war against drug smuggling with a firm commitment to make Punjab a drug-free state.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Badal mentioned that he had also took up the issue with Prime Minister Narendra Modi and urged him to seal the international border to check the inflow of drugs in to the state from across border activities.
He called upon people to join hands with government for this utmost important social cause and bring addicts at government de-addiction centers.