Barely minutes after eggs were thrown at his vehicle, Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Arvind Kejriwal on Tuesday faced ink attack during his roadshow in Varanasi.
Reports suggested that black ink was thrown at Kejriwal, who was earlier greeted with eggs outside the Kashi Vishwanath Temple here.
The police had to resort to lathicharge to dispel protesters, reports said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The incident occurred when Kejriwal was exiting the temple after performing prayers ahead of his rally in which he will declare his candidature against BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, they said.
However, the police at the spot denied that any such incident took place. Earlier in the day, Kejriwal sought divine intervention and visited the Kaal Bhairon, Kashi Vishwanath and the SankatMochan Temple.
He is also expected to take a dip in the Ganges. While Kejriwal was inside the Kashi Vishwanath temple performing ‘abhishek’ along with his family and fellow party leaders Sanjay Singh and Manish Sisodia, Modi supporters raised slogans in support of the Gujarat Chief Minister.
AAP supporters also raised pro-Kejriwal slogans.