Reports suggested that black ink was thrown at Kejriwal, who was earlier greeted with eggs outside the Kashi Vishwanath Temple here.
The police had to resort to lathicharge to dispel protesters, reports said.
The incident occurred when Kejriwal was exiting the temple after performing prayers ahead of his rally in which he will declare his candidature against BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, they said.
However, the police at the spot denied that any such incident took place. Earlier in the day, Kejriwal sought divine intervention and visited the Kaal Bhairon, Kashi Vishwanath and the SankatMochan Temple.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
He is also expected to take a dip in the Ganges. While Kejriwal was inside the Kashi Vishwanath temple performing ‘abhishek’ along with his family and fellow party leaders Sanjay Singh and Manish Sisodia, Modi supporters raised slogans in support of the Gujarat Chief Minister.
AAP supporters also raised pro-Kejriwal slogans.