- Maha defeat for Congress
- Despite odds, a consolation
- NOTA beats smaller parties, tribals use it most
- Power shift: BJP may eye co-operative bodies next
- At 88, PWP MLA Ganpatrao Deshmukh wins his 11th Assembly polls
- Many BJP ‘imports’ fail election test despite Modi rallies
- Corruption taint spurs INLD debacle, Chautala scion loses
After eggs, ink thrown at Arvind Kejriwal in Varanasi
Barely minutes after eggs were thrown at his vehicle, Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Arvind Kejriwal on Tuesday faced ink attack during his roadshow in Varanasi.
Reports suggested that black ink was thrown at Kejriwal, who was earlier greeted with eggs outside the Kashi Vishwanath Temple here.
The police had to resort to lathicharge to dispel protesters, reports said.
The incident occurred when Kejriwal was exiting the temple after performing prayers ahead of his rally in which he will declare his candidature against BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, they said.
However, the police at the spot denied that any such incident took place. Earlier in the day, Kejriwal sought divine intervention and visited the Kaal Bhairon, Kashi Vishwanath and the SankatMochan Temple.
He is also expected to take a dip in the Ganges. While Kejriwal was inside the Kashi Vishwanath temple performing ‘abhishek’ along with his family and fellow party leaders Sanjay Singh and Manish Sisodia, Modi supporters raised slogans in support of the Gujarat Chief Minister.
AAP supporters also raised pro-Kejriwal slogans.