The Delhi Police on Thursday imposed prohibitory orders around the Election Commission complex as BJP workers sought to hold a protest against the denial of permission for Narendra Modi to hold rally at a venue of his choice in Varanasi.
Section 144 of the CrPC restricting gathering of people was imposed as BJP activists were stopped around the nearby All India Radio building and prevented from going towards the Commission.
Meanwhile, a delegation of party leaders led by M Venkaiah Naidu and Ravi Shankar Prasad met officials of the Election Commission over the refusal of permission by the Returning Officer of Varanasi constituency of which Modi is a candidate.
Naidu said that EC had called party leaders for a meeting over the refusal of Modi’s rally. “We have not come to protest here against EC, but the electoral officer of Varansai. We are going to meet EC’s officials. In the meeting, we would request the EC to remove him so that fair elections would be done there,” Naidu told reporters here before going into the meeting.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016