The Delhi Police on Thursday imposed prohibitory orders around the Election Commission complex as BJP workers sought to hold a protest against the denial of permission for Narendra Modi to hold rally at a venue of his choice in Varanasi.
Section 144 of the CrPC restricting gathering of people was imposed as BJP activists were stopped around the nearby All India Radio building and prevented from going towards the Commission.
Meanwhile, a delegation of party leaders led by M Venkaiah Naidu and Ravi Shankar Prasad met officials of the Election Commission over the refusal of permission by the Returning Officer of Varanasi constituency of which Modi is a candidate.
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
Naidu said that EC had called party leaders for a meeting over the refusal of Modi’s rally. “We have not come to protest here against EC, but the electoral officer of Varansai. We are going to meet EC’s officials. In the meeting, we would request the EC to remove him so that fair elections would be done there,” Naidu told reporters here before going into the meeting.