BJP leader Amit Shah on Saturday demanded an inquiry into allegations linking Congress candidate from Varanasi, Ajay Rai, to illegal gun trade.
“I want to ask Congress that a few days back, attributing to secret reports, a news channel said that Ajay Rai’s name was linked to AK-47 trade. I demand an inquiry into it,” Shah told reporters.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
“I want to ask Congress that why it was silent on the issue for the past three days. Neither Sonia nor Rahul are speaking on the issue. They should react and clarify Congress’ stand on this issue,” he added.
Shah said that the people of the country have decided to bring a change at the Centre.
He alleged that Congress was left with no meaningful issues and even its top leaders instead of telling people about their government’s achievements, were concentrating on levelling personal allegations
“Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi appeals that there should be security for women and corruption should be rooted out. I want to ask that you have been in power for the last 10 years, why all this was not done,” he said.
“Why are the people of the country disappointed. The Centre’s position was laughable on the issues of security of the borders and foreign policy, but no Congress leaders is answering,” he said.
Shah said that Narendra Modi would file his nomination on April 24 in Varanasi after which the “BJP wave would turn into a tsunami”.