Even as Varun hit back at her for her remarks that he has gone “astray” and should be shown the right path, Priyanka said she would not have forgiven her child if he had did something like this.
She was apparently referring to Varun contesting on a BJP ticket in the elections.
“This is not a family tea party. It is an ideological war. Would not have forgiven my child, if he did something like this,” she told reporters on a day Varun filed papers as BJP candidate from Sultanpur adjacent to Amethi Parliamentary seat represented by Rahul Gandhi.
Priyanka said she was “not upset” over the leak of the video in which she had spoken about Varun and maintained that those were her views.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
She said she did not speak to Varun after her remarks were leaked.
Varun today hit back at Priyanka, suggesting that she crossed the “lakshman rekha of decency” with her remarks that he has gone “astray” and stressed that his “decency and large-heartedness” should not be construed as a weakness by anyone.
Asked about the BJP attack on Congress President Sonia Gandhi for her appeal to people, Priyanka said, “That’s because they don’t like what she says and it is very clear, what the election is, as it is the fight for the heart of India and they don’t like to hear that.”