Congress on Friday clarified that Priyanka Gandhi Vadra would be “playing an active part” in campaigning at Rae Bareli and Amethi, but has no plan to expand her political role beyond these two constituencies.
“Priyanka Gandhi Vadra continues to be a pillar of strength to her mother and brother and has played an active role in their constituencies in campaigning. She will continue to do that. But by her own calling she has decided to not expand her political interests beyond that,” Congress spokesman Randeep Surjewala told reporters. Rae Bareli is represented by her mother and Congress president Sonia Gandhi, while her brother Rahul is an MP from Amethi.
“She will play an active role as a daughter and a sister in the constituencies,” he said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The clarification came a day after senior Congress leader Janardhan Dwivedi created a flutter by suggesting a “bigger role” for Priyanka. “I am not contradicting what Dwivedi said, but you should ask him about his comment,” Surjewala said.
On a Cobrapost sting operation claiming that the Babri Masjid demolition on December 6, 1992, was a planned operation, the Congress said the BJP and the RSS have now been “unmasked”. Surjewala dismissed the claims in the same sting operation that the then prime minister, PV Narasimha Rao, too knew about the plans of demolition.
“The way BJP workers were trained in camps to systematically destroy a structure and even use dynamites as a Plan-B, as per the sting operation, it is clear that the BJP and the RSS can go to any length to capture power. And Mr Modi is the leader of the pack. It is also clear from the sting operation that the entire BJP leadership swore an oath to carry out the operation,” he said.