Congress on Friday clarified that Priyanka Gandhi Vadra would be “playing an active part” in campaigning at Rae Bareli and Amethi, but has no plan to expand her political role beyond these two constituencies.
“Priyanka Gandhi Vadra continues to be a pillar of strength to her mother and brother and has played an active role in their constituencies in campaigning. She will continue to do that. But by her own calling she has decided to not expand her political interests beyond that,” Congress spokesman Randeep Surjewala told reporters. Rae Bareli is represented by her mother and Congress president Sonia Gandhi, while her brother Rahul is an MP from Amethi.
“She will play an active role as a daughter and a sister in the constituencies,” he said.
The clarification came a day after senior Congress leader Janardhan Dwivedi created a flutter by suggesting a “bigger role” for Priyanka. “I am not contradicting what Dwivedi said, but you should ask him about his comment,” Surjewala said.
On a Cobrapost sting operation claiming that the Babri Masjid demolition on December 6, 1992, was a planned operation, the Congress said the BJP and the RSS have now been “unmasked”. Surjewala dismissed the claims in the same sting operation that the then prime minister, PV Narasimha Rao, too knew about the plans of demolition.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“The way BJP workers were trained in camps to systematically destroy a structure and even use dynamites as a Plan-B, as per the sting operation, it is clear that the BJP and the RSS can go to any length to capture power. And Mr Modi is the leader of the pack. It is also clear from the sting operation that the entire BJP leadership swore an oath to carry out the operation,” he said.