Targeting BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on Wednesday, Priyanka Vadra raised the issue of the alleged illegal surveillance on a woman by the Gujarat government, warning people to beware of political leaders who tap women’s phones.
“Mahila sashaktikaran ki baat karte hain. Phir humare phone mat suno. Ek rajneta hain, mahilaon ke saath galat karte hain. Unse bachna hoga. (You talk of women’s empowerment, you should stop tapping our phones. There is one leader who wrongs women. Be wary of him),” she told a group of villagers, mostly women, in Chadrai village of Unchahar block in Rae Bareli.
While she did not name Modi, Priyanka said such leaders should be thrown out. “When they speak of women empowerment, you should ask them specific questions about their plans for you,” she said. “When they refer to women, they refer to them as wife, daughter, mother and sister of someone. I also share these roles in my life, but my real identity is that I am a woman first. You should tell them to recognise you as a woman, as an individual,” she said.
Addressing another gathering in Jagatpur, she continued her attack on Modi, warning people against a “vinashak vichar dhara” (destructive ideology). “There are certain political parties which talk big. They believe in giving all the power to one person. Superficially, it may seem that such people are strong leaders, but this ideology is disastrous for the country,” she said, asking them to understand the “khokhlapan” (hollowness) of such leaders.
Campaigning for her mother, Sonia Gandhi, Priyanka said the concept of women’s self help groups was introduced by her brother Rahul. “Do not vote for Rae Bareli or Sonia, vote for this country,” she said.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review