Targeting BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on Wednesday, Priyanka Vadra raised the issue of the alleged illegal surveillance on a woman by the Gujarat government, warning people to beware of political leaders who tap women’s phones.
“Mahila sashaktikaran ki baat karte hain. Phir humare phone mat suno. Ek rajneta hain, mahilaon ke saath galat karte hain. Unse bachna hoga. (You talk of women’s empowerment, you should stop tapping our phones. There is one leader who wrongs women. Be wary of him),” she told a group of villagers, mostly women, in Chadrai village of Unchahar block in Rae Bareli.
While she did not name Modi, Priyanka said such leaders should be thrown out. “When they speak of women empowerment, you should ask them specific questions about their plans for you,” she said. “When they refer to women, they refer to them as wife, daughter, mother and sister of someone. I also share these roles in my life, but my real identity is that I am a woman first. You should tell them to recognise you as a woman, as an individual,” she said.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Addressing another gathering in Jagatpur, she continued her attack on Modi, warning people against a “vinashak vichar dhara” (destructive ideology). “There are certain political parties which talk big. They believe in giving all the power to one person. Superficially, it may seem that such people are strong leaders, but this ideology is disastrous for the country,” she said, asking them to understand the “khokhlapan” (hollowness) of such leaders.
Campaigning for her mother, Sonia Gandhi, Priyanka said the concept of women’s self help groups was introduced by her brother Rahul. “Do not vote for Rae Bareli or Sonia, vote for this country,” she said.