- Modi gets into the fight: ‘Delhi will decide how world sees India’
- AAP, BJP ignoring govt employees, says Ajay Maken
- Arvind Kejriwal mocks BJP’s 4-point agenda
- Modi gave India self-pride: Uma Bharti
- ‘Where have we promised statehood... it’s a sensitive issue, not a matter for elections’, says Amit Shah
- Aam Aadmi Party violated Model Code: Election Commission
- 50 pc cut in power tariff, free wifi, water among AAP promises
Priyanka has pushed Rahul ‘out of the frame': Arun Jaitley
BJP leader Arun Jaitley on Friday took a snipe at Priyanka Gandhi saying by using somehwat impolite language against Narendra Modi, she has succeeded in “robbing the brother from being in the limelight” and pushed him “out of the frame”.
“Ostensibly intended to attack Narender Modi daily in somewhat impolite language, the sister has succeeded in robbing the brother from being in the limelight. Attack Modi was the strategy but ‘dilute Rahul’ is the consequence…
“Having pushed the brother out of the frame, the sister has to realize that there is much more in politics and the country than only ‘our family’,” Jaitley said in an article.
The BJP leader also charged the Congress with showing desperation, saying the likelihood of a BJP-NDA government at the Centre headed by Narender Modi has resulted in courtesies and rationality slipping out of the Congress’s campaign.
Jaitley also urged his own partymen and supporters to concentrate only on three issues – development, leadership and stability.
“Visibly losing the vote of India the Congress created an impression that the heart and idea of India are still a Congress property. The argument did not cut much ice.
“The eclipse of Rahul Gandhi as the defacto Prime Ministerial candidate of Congress is virtually complete. When he was not seen as being able to deliver, the mother stepped in. The focus has now shifted to the sister,” he said.
Jaitley said there is a streak of “misguided aggression” in the Congress, as it was trying to leave the voters more and more confused.