Priyanka Gandhi on Friday tore into the Gujarat model of development in which “thousands of acres” of land has been given to “friends” of Chief Minister Narendra Modi at “throwaway prices” and accused him of treating the country as a “classroom”.
Campaigning for her mother Congress President Sonia Gandhi here, she also took a dig at him for his ‘ABCD’ and ‘RSVP’ jibes and said he should instead tell people what he planned to do for them.
Priyanka said that people possess an unmatched understanding and they knew about Modi’s Gujarat model of development “where you (Modi) gave thousands of acres of land to your friends.”
Modi should tell people what is the situation of farmers and workers under his model or what had he done for women, she said.
Addressing the people, she said that they must have seen the huge campaigns on TV.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“Kabhi ABCD, kabhi RSVP. Aur kabhi da se desh aur ka se kouva. Ba se band bhi to kariye. (Sometimes ABCD, sometimes RSVP. Other time d for desh (country) and c for crow. Now please stop it).
“You are not addressing a primary school but people of the country,” she said, apparently referring to the jibes that Modi had directed at the UPA and Gandhi family in the past.
Modi had recently described UPA’s governance as “RSVP model” in which a person was able to multiply his earnings from Rs one lakh to Rs 400 crore in five years.
Giving his own meaning to RSVP, he said it stood for “Rahul, Sonia, Vadra and Priyanka”.
He had also attacked Congress saying ‘ABCD’ has become a symbol of corruption by Congress party with ‘A’ referring to Aadarsh scam and ‘B’ denoting Bofors.
Priyanka said any leader whether from her own party or from any other should speak about what they would do for the people.
She said Congress ideology had always respected the country’s unity and tradition of generosity.