Priyanka Gandhi on Friday tore into the Gujarat model of development in which “thousands of acres” of land has been given to “friends” of Chief Minister Narendra Modi at “throwaway prices” and accused him of treating the country as a “classroom”.
Campaigning for her mother Congress President Sonia Gandhi here, she also took a dig at him for his ‘ABCD’ and ‘RSVP’ jibes and said he should instead tell people what he planned to do for them.
Priyanka said that people possess an unmatched understanding and they knew about Modi’s Gujarat model of development “where you (Modi) gave thousands of acres of land to your friends.”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Modi should tell people what is the situation of farmers and workers under his model or what had he done for women, she said.
Addressing the people, she said that they must have seen the huge campaigns on TV.
“Kabhi ABCD, kabhi RSVP. Aur kabhi da se desh aur ka se kouva. Ba se band bhi to kariye. (Sometimes ABCD, sometimes RSVP. Other time d for desh (country) and c for crow. Now please stop it).
“You are not addressing a primary school but people of the country,” she said, apparently referring to the jibes that Modi had directed at the UPA and Gandhi family in the past.
Modi had recently described UPA’s governance as “RSVP model” in which a person was able to multiply his earnings from Rs one lakh to Rs 400 crore in five years.
Giving his own meaning to RSVP, he said it stood for “Rahul, Sonia, Vadra and Priyanka”.
He had also attacked Congress saying ‘ABCD’ has become a symbol of corruption by Congress party with ‘A’ referring to Aadarsh scam and ‘B’ denoting Bofors.
Priyanka said any leader whether from her own party or from any other should speak about what they would do for the people.
She said Congress ideology had always respected the country’s unity and tradition of generosity.