- 50 pc cut in power tariff, free wifi, water among AAP promises
- BJP issuing ads in violation of model code of conduct: Congress
- ‘Right now, it’s gaali-galoch ka politics; I say CCTV cameras, they call me a bandar’, says Arvind Kejriwal
- Upadhyay to cadre: Accept Bedi for Modi
- 230 crorepatis, 114 with criminal cases in fray: ADR
- Shah sells Modi dreams, says once here, we stay
- Drone showers petals, supporters ‘crown’ Kejriwal in Northeast Delhi
Priyanka Gandhi would be better than Rahul, says Mahmood Madani
Jamiat Ulama-i-Hind general secretary Mahmood Madani has said that Priyanka Vadra is more capable than Rahul Gandhi and the Congress would have gained if it had fielded her or roped her in to campaign for the party.
Speaking at the Idea Exchange interaction held at The Indian Express on Wednesday, Madani said: “Do not think I am praising Priyanka, but from what we can see it seems, by her way of talking… Rahul is a bit subdued when he talks, a little on the backfoot… I really liked it when he said the opposition is selling combs to bald people. I told someone this is the first time I liked something he said. Whenever some people sit together, no matter what level they are — workers or leaders of various political parties — they say Priyanka has better fighting instinct and is more aggressive than Rahul, she understands things better.”
He said Priyanka would “probably” have been a better choice. “I believe the performance (of Congress) would have been better… small gains were possible,” he said.