In a veiled attack on Narendra Modi, Priyanka Gandhi on Friday said there is a leader in the country who wants power for himself and makes repeated demands to strengthen him.
Campaigning for her mother Sonia Gandhi in Amethi, she also alleged that books with baseless material written about her family were being dumped a night before at places where her public meetings were scheduled.
Holding that the level of election campaign in the country has stooped down to a very low level, she said, “Politics is seen with a sense of service, but few leaders in the country do not think about that.”
However, Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s politics was not that to demand, but that of a sense of service, she said.
“He wants to give you strength. He also wants to give you power. There is a leader in the country, who wants power for himself. He keeps on demanding to strengthen him…,” she said, targeting Modi.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“My father had a visionary political thinking and Rahul has learned from him. The parameter and strategy of Amethi’s development was prepared by Rajiv Gandhi 35 years ago, this is the reason barren land is not visible here,” she said.
Priyanka said that books containing false accusations against her family have been found at places where her public meetings have been scheduled.
“I have come to know that at places where my public meetings are scheduled some books are thrown a night before in which dirty and false things are written about my family. Those indulging in such activities are cowards,” she said at Shahgarh Shaheed Chowk in Gauriganj Assembly area.
“If they have to say something, they should come in front of me and talk. Indulging in such activities at midnight is not justified,” she said.