Targeting BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on Wednesday, Priyanka Vadra raised the issue of the alleged illegal surveillance on a woman by the Gujarat government, warning people to beware of political leaders who tap women’s phones.
“Mahila sashaktikaran ki baat karte hain. Phir humare phone mat suno. Ek rajneta hain, mahilaon ke saath galat karte hain. Unse bachna hoga. (If you talk of women empowerment, you should stop tapping our phones. There is one leader who wrongs women. Be wary of him),” she said, addressing some villagers, mostly women, in Chadrai village of Unchahar block in Rae Bareli.
While she did not name Modi, Priyanka said such leaders should be thrown out. “When they speak of women empowerment, you should ask them specific questions about their plans for you,” she said. “When they refer to women, they refer to them as wife, daughter, mother and sister of someone. I also share these roles in my life, but my real identity is that I am a woman first. You should tell them to recognise you as a woman, as an individual,” she said.
Addressing another gathering in Jagatpur, she continued her attack on Modi, warning people against a “vinashak vichar dhara” (destructive ideology). “There are certain political parties which talk big. They believe in giving all the power to one person. Superficially, it may seem that such people are strong leaders, but this ideology is disastrous for the country,” she said, asking them to understand the “khokhlapan” (hollowness) of such leaders.
Campaigning for her mother, Sonia Gandhi, Priyanka said the concept of women’s self help groups was introduced by her brother Rahul. “Do not vote for Rae Bareli or Sonia, vote for this country,” she said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More