- Maha defeat for Congress
- Despite odds, a consolation
- NOTA beats smaller parties, tribals use it most
- Power shift: BJP may eye co-operative bodies next
- At 88, PWP MLA Ganpatrao Deshmukh wins his 11th Assembly polls
- Many BJP ‘imports’ fail election test despite Modi rallies
- Corruption taint spurs INLD debacle, Chautala scion loses
Priyanka Gandhi breaks away from SPG security cordon
Priyanka Gandhi on Thursday broke away from her SPG security cordon and went ahead for campaigning in Tiloi in the district without security cover of the elite protection agency.
When the Congress star campaigner reached Gandhinagar near Gauriganj, she came down from her SUV and stopped SPG personnel from following her and moved to Tiloi for campaigning, Superintendent of Police Hiralal said.
However, Uttar Pradesh Police personnel accompanied her. She was schedule to address a meeting at Shahmau near Kasimpur but she changed her route.
Local Congress sources said that Priyanka was apparently upset with the attitude of SPG personnel towards her interaction with people.
When asked about the incident, Uttar Pradesh Principal Secretary, Home, Anil Kumar Gupta said, “It was a matter of concern and SPG headquarters would be informed about the incident”.
“We are apprising them (SPG officials) of the incident”, he said