Priyanka Gandhi on Thursday broke away from her SPG security cordon and went ahead for campaigning in Tiloi in the district without security cover of the elite protection agency.
When the Congress star campaigner reached Gandhinagar near Gauriganj, she came down from her SUV and stopped SPG personnel from following her and moved to Tiloi for campaigning, Superintendent of Police Hiralal said.
However, Uttar Pradesh Police personnel accompanied her. She was schedule to address a meeting at Shahmau near Kasimpur but she changed her route.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Local Congress sources said that Priyanka was apparently upset with the attitude of SPG personnel towards her interaction with people.
When asked about the incident, Uttar Pradesh Principal Secretary, Home, Anil Kumar Gupta said, “It was a matter of concern and SPG headquarters would be informed about the incident”.
“We are apprising them (SPG officials) of the incident”, he said