As Andhra Pradesh is set to be bifurcated, Congress, which has been ruling the state for last 10 years, is unlikely to chose another candidate to succeed Reddy, who quit as an MLA as well as from the party protesting against the decision to create Telangana.
Sources said since the assembly elections will be held in the successor states of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana along with Lok Sabha polls, the central government is likely to accept the recommendation of the governor by imposing President’s rule.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
However, it is immediately not clear whether Narasimhan has recommended for dissolution of the state Assembly or to keep the House under suspended animation.
A decision on imposition of central rule in Andhra Pradesh is expected to be taken in the next meeting of the Union Cabinet, which will recommend to the President.
The bill to create the country’s 29th state, by splitting Andhra Pradesh, was passed by the Lok Sabha on Tuesday. It was moved in the Rajya Sabha today.
A number of ruling Congress MLAs from coastal Andhra and Rayalaseema have announced resignation from their posts and also from the party over the issue of division.