Here are the highlights:
# Pranab Mukherjee hails a decisive verdict in the Lok Sabha elections.
# New MPs represent hopes, aspirations and dreams of the people: President.
# We express solidarity with the families of those who lost their lives during the election: President.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
# People have voted for a strong and united India: Pranab Mukherjee.
# I applaud wisdom of the people for this verdict: Pranab
# This is a verdict for sabke saath sabka vikas: Pranab
# ‘Ek Bharat, Shreshtha Bharat’, says President, tells MPs that greatest challenge is to end the curse of poverty.
# My government is committed to improve the quality of life in our villages, says Pranab
# It will take necessary steps to provide security to citizens of the country: Pranab
# Electorate cast aside boundaries of caste, creed, region and religion and voted for development, good governance and stability: Prez
# Containing inflation is the top most priority of my government: Pranab.
# The greatest challenge is to end the curse of poverty: Pranab
# Water conservation will be one of the priorities for this government: Pranab. Each drop of water is precious. Govt is committed to provide water security and will launch Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana.
# My government will nurture the youth – the human resource dividend of the country: Pranab
# Sports will be popularised. Government will launch National Sports Talent Search System: President.
# The government will work towards modernising the madrasa: Pranab
# My government will set up IITs and IIMs in every state: Pranab
# Govt will try to end rural-urban divide and is committed to reverse trend of hopelessness among farmers that leads to suicides: Prez
# Govt will have a policy of ‘zero tolerance’ for violence against women; govt will strengthen criminal justice system: President.
# Govt will give 33 per cent reservation to women in Parliament and legislative assemblies: President.
# Sensitivity to security concerns and end to export of terrorism to neighbours is needed for stability in the region, says President.
# Will further work together with South Asian leaders to revitalise SAARC as an effective instrument for regional cooperation: President.
# Govt will never shy away from raising issues of concern to India at a bilateral level, says President.
# Govt is determined to rid the country of the scourge of corruption and menace of black money: President.
# Low cost airports will be developed to promote air connectivity to smaller towns; a port-led development model will be evolved: President.
# Govt will create a policy environment which is predictable, transparent and fair; will make every effort to introduce GST: President.
# Govt will launch a diamond quadrilateral project of high-speed trains, says President.
# Govt will strive to move towards a single-window system of clearances both at Centre and states: President.
# Reforms will be undertaken to enhance the ease of doing business; govt will encourage investments including FDI: President.
# International civil nuclear agreements will be operationalised and nuclear power projects developed: President.
# The government will build a national war memorial to honour our soldiers, says Pranab