The President on Saturday issued notification for second and third phases of Lok Sabha elections to be held on April 9 and 10 in which 93 constituencies spread across 18 states, including Delhi, will go to polls.
On April 9, seven constituencies in five states and on April 10, 86 constituencies in 13 states including seven in Delhi will elect members to the Lok Sabha.
Though six constituencies of Bihar are also going for poll on April 10, the notification was issued on March 13 due to certain administrative reasons.
Bastar in Naxal-hit state of Chhattisgarh will also go to polls on April 10.
Haryana (10 seats) and Kerala (20 seats) will have a single day polling on April 10 like Chandigarh (one seat).
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Jammu and Kashmir with six Lok Sabha seats will witness polling on five days on April 10, 17, 24, 30 and May 7. On April 10, Jammu will go to polls.
Five out of 14 seats in Jharkhand will also go to polls on April 10 while heartland Uttar Pradesh will choose 80 MPs on six days on April 10, 17, 24, 30 and May 7 and 12.
On April 10, voters in West UP and neighbouring Ghaziabad and Gautam Buddha Nagar constituencies will elect Lok Sabha members from 10 seats.
For Delhi, the last date of filing nominations is March 22, while scrutiny will be held on March 24. Candidates can withdraw their nominations till March 26 for the April 10 election to Chandni Chowk, North East Delhi, East Delhi, New Delhi, North West Delhi, West Delhi and South Delhi constituencies.