After the Lok Sabha polls rout in Uttar Pradesh, BSP supremo Mayawati on Thursday asked the partymen to prepare for mid-term Assembly elections in the State, exhorting them to work hard for restoring the lost ground.
“Prepare for a mid-term Assembly elections in the State,which could be held soon,” a party leader said quoting Mayawati during a review meeting. The BSP chief has been holding review meetings since the past three days after party received a serious drubbing at the hustings in the Lok Sabha elections.
“The ruling party’s bad performance reflects the disenchantment of the people towards its policies and it is under pressure and can fall on its own,” she said. The BSP chief, who had dissolved all the committees of the party following a virtual rout in the just-concluded Lok Sabha elections on May 20, is in the process of giving new responsibilities to party leaders and revamp the organisation.
She has been holding detailed review meetings of the party’s performance with office bearers and leaders in a series of meetings, party sources said. BSP which had 20 MPs in the last Lok Sabha and had went into the elections alone failed to open its account in the recently-held elections.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More