After the Lok Sabha polls rout in Uttar Pradesh, BSP supremo Mayawati on Thursday asked the partymen to prepare for mid-term Assembly elections in the State, exhorting them to work hard for restoring the lost ground.
“Prepare for a mid-term Assembly elections in the State,which could be held soon,” a party leader said quoting Mayawati during a review meeting. The BSP chief has been holding review meetings since the past three days after party received a serious drubbing at the hustings in the Lok Sabha elections.
“The ruling party’s bad performance reflects the disenchantment of the people towards its policies and it is under pressure and can fall on its own,” she said. The BSP chief, who had dissolved all the committees of the party following a virtual rout in the just-concluded Lok Sabha elections on May 20, is in the process of giving new responsibilities to party leaders and revamp the organisation.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
She has been holding detailed review meetings of the party’s performance with office bearers and leaders in a series of meetings, party sources said. BSP which had 20 MPs in the last Lok Sabha and had went into the elections alone failed to open its account in the recently-held elections.