An Aam Aadmi Party press conference at the Indian Woman’s Press Club in New Delhi, in which senior member Prashant Bhushan was speaking, was disrupted by a fringe group on Monday evening.
The person who disrupted the proceedings was immediately evicted from the club’s premises. Outside, he told the media that his actions were due to Bhushan’s comments to hold a referendum in Kashmir over the presence of the Army. He said he would continue to disrupt AAP press conferences.
The man identified as Vishnu Gupta shouted slogans against the noted lawyer and called him a “traitor” for his recent comments relating to army’s presence in Kashmir.
Gupta claimed that he belongs to a right-wing outfit.
Prashant Bhushan had some time back spoken of the need to hold a referendum through which the opinion of the local Kashmiri people could be found out as to whether they wanted a large army presence in the state. It raised a huge storm with political parties dismissing the AAP as a populist party with no notions of national security. In its aftermath, Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal had distanced himself and the party and said those were Bhushan’s personal views.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The same offender had been involved in the disruption of an AAP conference in Ghaziabad some days back.
Prashant Bhushan soon afterwards left the venue, calling the disruption a joint conspiracy by the Congress and the BJP.