The Bill to carve out Telangana on Saturday received the assent of President Pranab Mukherjee who also signed the proclamation to impose central rule in Andhra Pradesh.
The Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Bill 2014, which got Parliament’s approval on February 20 despite strong opposition from Seemandhra leaders, got the Presidential assent, paving the way for creation of the country’s 29th state by splitting Andhra Pradesh.
There will be 13 districts in residuary Andhra Pradesh while Telangana will have 10 districts, including the Hyderabad city. In a bid to address concerns of the Seemandhra region, government had already announced grant of Special Category Status including tax incentives to the residuary state as part of a six-point development package for AP’s two successor states.
The President also signed the proclamation to impose President’s rule in Andhra Pradesh following the Union Cabinet’s recommendation on Friday. Mukherjee gave his nod to place under suspended animation the Andhra Pradesh Assembly whose term is slated to end on June two.
The decision to impose the President’s Rule in Andhra Pradesh was necessitated by N Kiran Kumar Reddy’s resignation as the Chief Minister on February 19 as he was opposed to division of the state to carve out Telangana.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Governor E S L Narasimhan had recommended central rule in the state after the resignation. The bill to create Telangana by splitting Andhra Pradesh was passed by Parliament on February 20 in the just-concluded Winter Session.