CPI (M) general secretary Prakash Karat on Wednesday said that the UPA government’s move to promulgate ordinances before the announcement of the Lok Sabha elections was ‘undemocratic’.
Addressing a party rally in Kozhikode, Karat said that the Left would oppose the move to bring in ordinances. “We are not going to allow the ordinance raj,” he said.
Karat said that the only reason the Congress wanted to bring the ordinances is to fight against corruption.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
He said if Congress was genuine in fighting corruption, they should have presented the bills in the Parliament. “If the government was so keen then they should have extended the Parliament session for three to four days more to allow a discussion on the Bills”, Karat said.
“They should wait until the next Parliament session to bring in the new law. The CPI (M) and the Left would oppose this undemocratic move to promulgate ordinances,” said Karat.
Hitting out at the Congress and the BJP alike, Karat said the Left has decided that it should be able to provide a third alternative to the “communal BJP and corrupt Congress.”