The BJP chose Ramdev’s Sankalp Poorti Mahotsav here on Sunday as an occasion to thank the yoga guru for his contributions during the party’s successful election campaign.
The event was attended by BJP’s bigwigs Rajnath Singh and Arun Jaitley, besides first time MPs Gen (retd) V K Singh and Meenakshi Lekhi.
Attacking the previous government, Ramdev said, “In all possible non political ways, I was targeted just like (Narendra) Modi ji was in political ways. But they could not send us both to jail. However, they sent innocents — Balkrishna (yoga guru’s aide) and Amit Shah — to jail just because they are seen as our right hands. What had Amit Shah done? They were thrown off into jail, now the country has thrown them off. I was targeted but I am a fakir…so I believe in abhay daan (forgiveness).”
BJP president Rajnath Singh showered praise on the yoga guru and the workers of the Bharat Swabhiman — an organisation run by Ramdev — acknowledging the contribution that made possible the “grand change”.
Singh added that under the leadership of Modi the BJP would make India an “economic superpower”.
Senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley also acknowledged the support for “change” extended by Ramdev. “Next generation will look back at this period as history,” he said addressing the function in an apparent reference to BJP getting a clear majority in the Lok Sabha.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Jaitley, praising Ramdev’s exhortions for change in the country, reminded how a multi-faceted personalities like Mahatma Gandhi and Jaiprakash Narayan brought about the change when it was needed.