The BJP chose Ramdev’s Sankalp Poorti Mahotsav here on Sunday as an occasion to thank the yoga guru for his contributions during the party’s successful election campaign.
The event was attended by BJP’s bigwigs Rajnath Singh and Arun Jaitley, besides first time MPs Gen (retd) V K Singh and Meenakshi Lekhi.
Attacking the previous government, Ramdev said, “In all possible non political ways, I was targeted just like (Narendra) Modi ji was in political ways. But they could not send us both to jail. However, they sent innocents — Balkrishna (yoga guru’s aide) and Amit Shah — to jail just because they are seen as our right hands. What had Amit Shah done? They were thrown off into jail, now the country has thrown them off. I was targeted but I am a fakir…so I believe in abhay daan (forgiveness).”
BJP president Rajnath Singh showered praise on the yoga guru and the workers of the Bharat Swabhiman — an organisation run by Ramdev — acknowledging the contribution that made possible the “grand change”.
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
Singh added that under the leadership of Modi the BJP would make India an “economic superpower”.
Senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley also acknowledged the support for “change” extended by Ramdev. “Next generation will look back at this period as history,” he said addressing the function in an apparent reference to BJP getting a clear majority in the Lok Sabha.
Jaitley, praising Ramdev’s exhortions for change in the country, reminded how a multi-faceted personalities like Mahatma Gandhi and Jaiprakash Narayan brought about the change when it was needed.