Posters announcing formation of a new party by former Union minister M K Alagiri found in some parts of the city on Sunday caused a flutter despite the suspended leader’s assertion that he would never leave the DMK. The wall posters put up by Alagiri’s suspected supporters among other places in Jeeva Nagar near his house declared that “Kalaingar DMK is ready” and described the sulking leader as the general secretary.
“Our party…Our flag…is ready let us face the Lok Sabha election,” read the posters, which surfaced a day ahead of Alagiri’s proposed meeting with his followers.
The suspension of Alagiri, elder son of DMK president M Karunanidhi and DMK south zone organising secretary, was the culmination of events starting with posters allegedly put up by his supporters in January causing embarrassment to the leadership and widening the rift in the party.
Alagiri had last week met PM Manmohan Singh, BJP chief Rajnath Singh and superstar Rajnikanth, triggering speculation about his plans. The sitting Madurai MP, considered a party strongman in the southern districts, however, vehemently denied on Saturday any move to float a party and said he would not leave DMK even if he was expelled.
It was against this background that the posters announcing party flag and name had been found in some parts of the city. They carried pictures of Alagiri, his son Daya-nithi Alagiri, former deputy mayor P M Mannan, among others. A senior DMK leader, however, said the posters were an attempt by Alagiri’s alleged supporters to instigate him to launch a new outfit.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More