Bye-elections for the seven assembly constituencies in Gujarat will be held simultaneously as the state votes for the 26 Lok Sabha seats on April 30.
The Assembly constituencies that will see polling in April are Abdasa, Rapar, Himmatnagar, Visavadar, Somnath, Lathi and Mandavi (ST).
The bye-elections to some of these seats have been necessitated after Congress MLAs quit and joined the BJP. For instance, Chhabil Patel (Abdasa) and Prabhu Vasava (Mandvi) quit the party and joined the BJP on February 24. Earlier in February, Rajendrasinh Chavda, MLA from Himmatnagar and Jasa Barad, MLA from Somnath had joined the BJP, while Lathi MLA Bavku Unghad joined the saffron party in last week of January.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Meanwhile, the Visavadar Assembly constituency fell vacant after GPP president and Narendra Modi’s bete noire Keshubhai Patel designed citing health reasons, while the Rapar seat was lying vacant since January 30, after sitting BJP MLA Vaghaji Patel passed away.
Gujarat will be among the nine states where polling will be held on April 30. Over 3.98 crore plus voters in the state, including 2.08 crore men and 1.90 crore women will exercise their franchise during this day.
For the Lok Sabha elections in Gujarat, the notification will be issued on April 2, while the last date of filing nominations will be April 9. The nominations will be scrutinised the next day and the last date of withdrawal of candidature will be April 12.