Bye-elections for the seven assembly constituencies in Gujarat will be held simultaneously as the state votes for the 26 Lok Sabha seats on April 30.
The Assembly constituencies that will see polling in April are Abdasa, Rapar, Himmatnagar, Visavadar, Somnath, Lathi and Mandavi (ST).
The bye-elections to some of these seats have been necessitated after Congress MLAs quit and joined the BJP. For instance, Chhabil Patel (Abdasa) and Prabhu Vasava (Mandvi) quit the party and joined the BJP on February 24. Earlier in February, Rajendrasinh Chavda, MLA from Himmatnagar and Jasa Barad, MLA from Somnath had joined the BJP, while Lathi MLA Bavku Unghad joined the saffron party in last week of January.
Meanwhile, the Visavadar Assembly constituency fell vacant after GPP president and Narendra Modi’s bete noire Keshubhai Patel designed citing health reasons, while the Rapar seat was lying vacant since January 30, after sitting BJP MLA Vaghaji Patel passed away.
Gujarat will be among the nine states where polling will be held on April 30. Over 3.98 crore plus voters in the state, including 2.08 crore men and 1.90 crore women will exercise their franchise during this day.
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
For the Lok Sabha elections in Gujarat, the notification will be issued on April 2, while the last date of filing nominations will be April 9. The nominations will be scrutinised the next day and the last date of withdrawal of candidature will be April 12.