Polling for two Lok Sabha constituencies in Goa began on Saturday as the state witnesses a triangular fight between the BJP, Congress and newbie Aam Aadmi Party.
Polling began on a sedate note at 7 am at all the 1,624 stations with a thin turnout in the first half an hour.
In all, 10,60,777 voters will exercise their franchisee in North and South Goa constituencies. Women voters outnumber men in the state with 5,32,469 female and 5,28,308 male voters.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
The Election Commission has identified 14 vulnerable and 30 critical polling stations in the state which have been given adequate security cover to avoid any untoward incident.
Polling will conclude at 6 pm. In North Goa, BJP’s Shripad Naik is pitted against Congress’ Ravi Naik, AAP’s Dattaram Desai and CPI’s Suhas Naik.
Congress’ Aleixo Reginaldo Lourenco is fighting against BJP’s Narendra Sawaikar, AAP’s Swati Kerkar and CPI’s Raju Mangueshkar in South Goa constituency.