Polling for two Lok Sabha constituencies in Goa began on Saturday as the state witnesses a triangular fight between the BJP, Congress and newbie Aam Aadmi Party.
Polling began on a sedate note at 7 am at all the 1,624 stations with a thin turnout in the first half an hour.
In all, 10,60,777 voters will exercise their franchisee in North and South Goa constituencies. Women voters outnumber men in the state with 5,32,469 female and 5,28,308 male voters.
The Election Commission has identified 14 vulnerable and 30 critical polling stations in the state which have been given adequate security cover to avoid any untoward incident.
Polling will conclude at 6 pm. In North Goa, BJP’s Shripad Naik is pitted against Congress’ Ravi Naik, AAP’s Dattaram Desai and CPI’s Suhas Naik.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Congress’ Aleixo Reginaldo Lourenco is fighting against BJP’s Narendra Sawaikar, AAP’s Swati Kerkar and CPI’s Raju Mangueshkar in South Goa constituency.