Notification was issued Thursday for the last phase of Lok Sabha polls to be held on May 12 in 41 constituencies spread over three states, including in Varanasi from where BJP’s PM nominee Narendra Modi is contesting.
In Uttar Pradesh, 18 seats will go to polls in the last phase while in West Bengal elections will be held in 17 seats.
In Bihar, six constituencies will go to polls on May 12. Key seats in the last phase include Varanasi, where Modi is pitted against AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal and Congress’ Ajay Rai. Modi is also contesting from Vadodara in his home state of Gujarat.
In Azamgarh in UP, SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav is among the candidates. He is a sitting MP from Mainpuri. This time, he is contesting from the two seats.
In Gorakhpur, sitting BJP MP Adityanath is fighting to retain his seat. BJP MPs have won from Gorakhpur in eastern UP since 1989.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Other key seat in this phase includes Vaishali in Bihar from where sitting RJD MP and former Union minister Raghuvansh Prasad Singh is seeking another term.
EC had recently ordered transfer of officials of districts falling in some of the constituencies going to poll in this phase.
For the May 12 polls, candidates can file their nominations till April 24, while scrutiny of the papers is scheduled on April 25.
The last date for withdrawal of nominations is April 28.