Notification was issued Thursday for the last phase of Lok Sabha polls to be held on May 12 in 41 constituencies spread over three states, including in Varanasi from where BJP’s PM nominee Narendra Modi is contesting.
In Uttar Pradesh, 18 seats will go to polls in the last phase while in West Bengal elections will be held in 17 seats.
In Bihar, six constituencies will go to polls on May 12. Key seats in the last phase include Varanasi, where Modi is pitted against AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal and Congress’ Ajay Rai. Modi is also contesting from Vadodara in his home state of Gujarat.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
In Azamgarh in UP, SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav is among the candidates. He is a sitting MP from Mainpuri. This time, he is contesting from the two seats.
In Gorakhpur, sitting BJP MP Adityanath is fighting to retain his seat. BJP MPs have won from Gorakhpur in eastern UP since 1989.
Other key seat in this phase includes Vaishali in Bihar from where sitting RJD MP and former Union minister Raghuvansh Prasad Singh is seeking another term.
EC had recently ordered transfer of officials of districts falling in some of the constituencies going to poll in this phase.
For the May 12 polls, candidates can file their nominations till April 24, while scrutiny of the papers is scheduled on April 25.
The last date for withdrawal of nominations is April 28.