Amid the poll potpourri, the fashion quotient of political leaders like Narendra Modi and Rahul Gandhi has also caught the attention of people, particularly youth, say designers here.
According to designer Abhishek Dutta, BJP prime ministerial candidate Modi’s trademark cotton and raw-silk half-sleeve kurtas in pastel hues along with cream churidars are favourites among both youth and middle-aged people.
“Modi’s trademark dress is a huge hit,” he said, adding that Rahul’s white kurta, white pyjama or blue denims along with sneakers too have attracted youths.
Another designer, Sayantan Sarkar, said Modi’s dressing style relates to a sense of power — crisp and clean, yet traditionally Indian, while Rahul’s style invokes youth energy.
“Right now, kurta pyjama along with linen half-sleeve Nehru coats are in a huge demand among men,” he said.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Sarkar rates Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah as the third most popular among youths in terms of fashion.
“His sharply tailored suits show his love for fine dressing. Whether it’s well-fitted suits or kurta-pyjamas, Omar Abdullah is one of the most stylish politicians representing young India. There are people who have placed demands for well-fitted suits, like those used by Omar,” he said.
Sarkar also pointed out that given the tropical, hot climate of the country, linen kurtas and pyjamas are also selling like hot cakes among political activists who are regular at political meetings.