The political parties in Uttar Pradesh have fielded at least five candidates, who are accused in Muzaffarnagar riots cases, to contest Lok Sabha elections.
The BJP has nominated Bhartendu Singh from Bijnore, Sanjeev Baliyan from Muzaffarnagar and Hukum Singh from Kairana constituency.
BSP MLA Kadir Rana from Muzaffarnagar, BKU leader and RLD candidate Choudhary Rakesh Tikait from Amroha LS seat are facing charges of inciting communal tension here by making inflammatory speeches.
Apart from that, four candidates from Kairana constituency and three candidates from Muzaffarnagar have different cases relating various offenses registered against them, Election Commission officials said.
According to affidavits filed during the nominations, Hukum Singh has two cases, Kunwar Hasan one case, SP candidate Nahid Hasan and RLD candidate Kartar Singh Bhadana have two cases each registered against them.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Kadir Rana has been booked under five different cases, including the Muzaffarnagar riots cases. Two cases are registered against Sanjeev Baliyan and SP candidate Virender Singh.
The communal violence, which had broken out on September 7, last year in Muzaffarnagar and adjoining towns, had claimed over 40 lives.
It left 85 others injured and rendered 51,000 people homeless.