RJD President Lalu Prasad on Saturday allegedly threatened the officer in-charge of a police station for seizing a campaign vehicle of a Congress candidate. The Kisanganj district administration is seeking direction of Election Commission to register a case against the RJD chief.
Superintendent of Police Manoj Kumar said that the RJD president, while addressing an election meeting at Thakurganj Saturday, used threatening words against the officer in-charge of Thakurganj police station for seizing Asrarul Haque’s vehicle last night.
The district administration is sending a video of the meeting of Lalu Prasad to the Election Commission. Based on instruction of the EC, FIR can be lodged against the RJD chief, the SP said.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
He said the district administration has learnt about similar threatening words used by the RJD president against the OC while boarding helicopter after completion of the meeting and a video of it has also been sought for sending to the EC for appropriate action.
Prasad had alleged from the dais that the OC’s action of seizing the campaign vehicle and registration of a case was meant to demoralise the Congress and RJD workers in the polls.
After withdrawal of JD(U) candidate Akhtarul Iman, Kisanganj is witnessing a direct fight between Congress’ Asrarul Haque and BJP’s Dilip Jaiswal in the poll slated for April 24.