Andhra Pradesh unit BJP president K Hari Babu on Sunday asked leaders of TRS and Congress to refrain from making provocative statements over the passage of the Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation (Amendment) Bill in Lok Sabha.
The passage of the bill in the Lower House recently has paved the way to aid the construction of the ambitious Polavaram project.
Addressing a press conference here, Hari Babu said that the project was very much important for Andhra Pradesh as it will bring more land under irrigation.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Taking a dig at Congress over the passage of the bill, Haribabu said that the ordinance to club seven mandals from Khammam district of Telangana had in fact been brought by the erstwhile Manmohan Singh government.
“It is wrong on the part of senior Congress leader from Telangana, S Jaipal Reddy to oppose clubbing of seven mandals (under the bill) because as a minister he did not oppose the ordinance which was passed by the Cabinet,” he said, adding that Polavaram project will not only benefit Andhra Pradesh but also Telangana, Chhattisgarh and Odisha.
The BJP leader termed as “unfair” the opposition to the bill by TRS on the ground of its constitutional validity.
“It’s unfair on the part of TRS leaders to say that passing of the AP Reorganisation (Amendment) Bill under Article 3 was unconstitutional as Telangana state has been formed under the same article,” he said.