Andhra Pradesh unit BJP president K Hari Babu on Sunday asked leaders of TRS and Congress to refrain from making provocative statements over the passage of the Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation (Amendment) Bill in Lok Sabha.
The passage of the bill in the Lower House recently has paved the way to aid the construction of the ambitious Polavaram project.
Addressing a press conference here, Hari Babu said that the project was very much important for Andhra Pradesh as it will bring more land under irrigation.
Taking a dig at Congress over the passage of the bill, Haribabu said that the ordinance to club seven mandals from Khammam district of Telangana had in fact been brought by the erstwhile Manmohan Singh government.
“It is wrong on the part of senior Congress leader from Telangana, S Jaipal Reddy to oppose clubbing of seven mandals (under the bill) because as a minister he did not oppose the ordinance which was passed by the Cabinet,” he said, adding that Polavaram project will not only benefit Andhra Pradesh but also Telangana, Chhattisgarh and Odisha.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The BJP leader termed as “unfair” the opposition to the bill by TRS on the ground of its constitutional validity.
“It’s unfair on the part of TRS leaders to say that passing of the AP Reorganisation (Amendment) Bill under Article 3 was unconstitutional as Telangana state has been formed under the same article,” he said.