Accusing the BJP of spreading “misinformation” in its quest for power, Congress president Sonia Gandhi on Monday said the BJP is only after the PM’s chair.
Addressing a rally at Nuh (Mewat) in Gurgaon parliamentary constituency, Gandhi accused the BJP leaders of “wearing masks” and “shedding crocodile tears”. “Unhe sirf pradhan mantri ki kursi dikhai de rahi hai,” Gandhi said, accusing BJP leaders of “galat bayani”.
Gandhi underlined that this Lok Sabha election was being fought to keep secure the constitutional structure. She said the Congress is striving to protect the secular fabric of the country. Gandhi said her party will struggle for unity in these elections to create a society that binds and not divides.
“We will fight for a country where it is not important what is our religion, language, place of birth or in which caste we were born, but we will fight for a country which is secular and where it is important that we all are Indian,” Sonia said.
She said the work done by the Congress since Independence was there for anybody to see. Listing NREGA, RTE and RTI as some of her party’s achievements, Gandhi highlighted law against manual scavenging and stricter laws to deal with crime against women as some of the good initiatives taken by UPA 2. She also underlined the right to health and right to home as the new promises her party would fulfill if voted to power again. “Kisi ke behkawe mein aaney ki zaroorat nahin hai,” Gandhi told the crowd.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016