In just about four days of its launch, the official Facebook page of the Prime Minister’s Office has attracted over 1.1 million ‘likes’.
The cover photo on the Facebook page of PMO India shows 63-yead-old Narendra Modi at work. He is an avid user of the social media.
In the account, the PMO has posted several pictures including those of the prominent visitors greeting the new Prime Minister.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Apart from the pictures, the Prime Minister’s message on the occasion of ‘World No Tobacco day’ is in the page. It has got thousands of ‘likes’, besdies hundreds of comments and suggestions.
While one of Facebook users in his comments in response to the PM’s message requests that prices of tobacco products be increased by levying high taxes to reduce consumption, another person suggests that consumption of tobacco products should be banned in public places. Scores of other comments by different users express a range of opinion.
“The official Facebook page of the Prime Minister’s Office has crossed a million likes in 4 days of being launched,” the PMO said on Twitter. The PMO’s twitter account also has nearly 1.4 million followers.
Modi has been actively utilising the social media to connect with people and expects his ministerial colleagues to do the same.
In a recent letter to other ministries, Information and Broadcasting Minister Prakash Javadekar has said that the “Prime Minister expects all his ministerial collegues to use the social media platform extensively to disseminate new initiatives of the government.”