In just about four days of its launch, the official Facebook page of the Prime Minister’s Office has attracted over 1.1 million ‘likes’.
The cover photo on the Facebook page of PMO India shows 63-yead-old Narendra Modi at work. He is an avid user of the social media.
In the account, the PMO has posted several pictures including those of the prominent visitors greeting the new Prime Minister.
Apart from the pictures, the Prime Minister’s message on the occasion of ‘World No Tobacco day’ is in the page. It has got thousands of ‘likes’, besdies hundreds of comments and suggestions.
While one of Facebook users in his comments in response to the PM’s message requests that prices of tobacco products be increased by levying high taxes to reduce consumption, another person suggests that consumption of tobacco products should be banned in public places. Scores of other comments by different users express a range of opinion.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
“The official Facebook page of the Prime Minister’s Office has crossed a million likes in 4 days of being launched,” the PMO said on Twitter. The PMO’s twitter account also has nearly 1.4 million followers.
Modi has been actively utilising the social media to connect with people and expects his ministerial colleagues to do the same.
In a recent letter to other ministries, Information and Broadcasting Minister Prakash Javadekar has said that the “Prime Minister expects all his ministerial collegues to use the social media platform extensively to disseminate new initiatives of the government.”