Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday hailed the formation of Telangana and promised complete central support to help take the state to newer heights of progress.
He congratulated K Chandrasekhar Rao on becoming the first Chief Minister of the 29th state and expressed best wishes to its people.
“India gets a new state! We welcome Telangana as our 29th state. Telangana will add strength to our development journey in the coming years,” he tweeted.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“Centre assures complete support to the people & Government of Telangana in taking the state to newer heights of progress,” he said.
Noting that Telangana’s birth is taking place after years of struggle and sacrifices by several people, Modi said, “We pay our respects to them today.”
“My best wishes to people for the state’s development journey,” said the Prime Minister.
K Chandrasekhar Rao was sworn in as Chief Minister of newly-carved out state of Telangana on Monday. A notification was issued early in the day revoking President’s Rule in Telangana to facilitate Rao in taking charge as the first Chief Minister of the state.