Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday hailed the formation of Telangana and promised complete central support to help take the state to newer heights of progress.
He congratulated K Chandrasekhar Rao on becoming the first Chief Minister of the 29th state and expressed best wishes to its people.
“India gets a new state! We welcome Telangana as our 29th state. Telangana will add strength to our development journey in the coming years,” he tweeted.
“Centre assures complete support to the people & Government of Telangana in taking the state to newer heights of progress,” he said.
Noting that Telangana’s birth is taking place after years of struggle and sacrifices by several people, Modi said, “We pay our respects to them today.”
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
“My best wishes to people for the state’s development journey,” said the Prime Minister.
K Chandrasekhar Rao was sworn in as Chief Minister of newly-carved out state of Telangana on Monday. A notification was issued early in the day revoking President’s Rule in Telangana to facilitate Rao in taking charge as the first Chief Minister of the state.