Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s wife Jashodaben, who lives in Brahmanwada village of Unjha town of Mehsana district, has been given round-the-clock police protection by the Mehasana police.
Since yesterday, five policemen of Mehsana police headquarters were deployed outside her house.
“Based on orders given to us by our superiors, we have deployed one armed guard and 4 other unarmed policemen of police HQ for the security of Jashodaben since yesterday. They will remain stationed near her house 24×7 and move wherever she goes” Deputy Superintendent of Police (DySP)- Mehsana HQ said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Jashodaben came into the limelight when Modi mentioned her name as his wife in the affidavit filed with the Election Commission ahead of elections. However, it was also revealed that Modi and Jashodaben hardly lived together, as Modi left his house to joint the RSS immediately after their marriage.
Since then, Jashodaben has been living with her brother in Brahmanwada village of Unjha in Mehsana.
Modi’s mother Hiraba lives with Modi’s younger brother Pankaj Modi in Gandhinagar. However, no police protection has been given to them.
“Since there are no specific orders yet from Centre or state government in that regard, we have not provided any security cover to them yet,” a senior police official from Gandhinagar said.