Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s wife Jashodaben, who lives in Brahmanwada village of Unjha town of Mehsana district, has been given round-the-clock police protection by the Mehasana police.
Since yesterday, five policemen of Mehsana police headquarters were deployed outside her house.
“Based on orders given to us by our superiors, we have deployed one armed guard and 4 other unarmed policemen of police HQ for the security of Jashodaben since yesterday. They will remain stationed near her house 24×7 and move wherever she goes” Deputy Superintendent of Police (DySP)- Mehsana HQ said.
Jashodaben came into the limelight when Modi mentioned her name as his wife in the affidavit filed with the Election Commission ahead of elections. However, it was also revealed that Modi and Jashodaben hardly lived together, as Modi left his house to joint the RSS immediately after their marriage.
Since then, Jashodaben has been living with her brother in Brahmanwada village of Unjha in Mehsana.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Modi’s mother Hiraba lives with Modi’s younger brother Pankaj Modi in Gandhinagar. However, no police protection has been given to them.
“Since there are no specific orders yet from Centre or state government in that regard, we have not provided any security cover to them yet,” a senior police official from Gandhinagar said.