After asking his ministerial colleagues to set a 100-day agenda, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will hold a meeting with his entire Council of Ministers on Monday to focus on efficient governance and delivery and implementation of programmes.
The meeting will take place against the backdrop of Modi’s 10-point agenda which includes increasing investment, completing infrastructure projects in a time-bound manner and exploiting of natural resources, besides giving freedom to bureaucrats to take decisions and implement them.
He is expected to highlight his thrust areas and seek suggestions from his 44 ministerial colleagues at the meeting, said sources.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The deliberations are expected to be reflected in President Pranab Mukherjee’s address to the joint sitting of Parliament next week.
The Prime Minister had on Saturday scrapped the Empowered Group of Ministers (EGoMs) and Group of Ministers (GoMs), a legacy of the UPA government, to entrust ministries with the responsibility of decision-making and speedy implementation.
Earlier, he had told his ministers to set a timetable for the first 100 days listing the priorities with focus on efficient governance and delivery and implementation of schemes and programmes.
Modi has told his Cabinet colleagues to take their Ministers of State along in implementation of programmes and that he would be regularly meeting them as also the Secretaries individually.