After asking his ministerial colleagues to set a 100-day agenda, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will hold a meeting with his entire Council of Ministers on Monday to focus on efficient governance and delivery and implementation of programmes.
The meeting will take place against the backdrop of Modi’s 10-point agenda which includes increasing investment, completing infrastructure projects in a time-bound manner and exploiting of natural resources, besides giving freedom to bureaucrats to take decisions and implement them.
He is expected to highlight his thrust areas and seek suggestions from his 44 ministerial colleagues at the meeting, said sources.
The deliberations are expected to be reflected in President Pranab Mukherjee’s address to the joint sitting of Parliament next week.
The Prime Minister had on Saturday scrapped the Empowered Group of Ministers (EGoMs) and Group of Ministers (GoMs), a legacy of the UPA government, to entrust ministries with the responsibility of decision-making and speedy implementation.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Earlier, he had told his ministers to set a timetable for the first 100 days listing the priorities with focus on efficient governance and delivery and implementation of schemes and programmes.
Modi has told his Cabinet colleagues to take their Ministers of State along in implementation of programmes and that he would be regularly meeting them as also the Secretaries individually.