Amid demands for a CBI probe into the death of former Rural Development Minister Gopinath Munde following a road accident, Union Minister Nitin Gadkari on Thursday said Prime Minister Narendra Modi will decide the course of action on the matter.
“On Wednesday, I spoke to the Prime Minister and Munde’s family. It is the Prime Minister who will decide the proper course of action on the matter and truth will prevail,” Road Transport, Highways and Shipping Minister Gadkari told reporters here.
Gadkari said if there is any doubt in the minds of people it should be cleared.
Munde, a popular backward class leader from Maharashtra, died due to shock and hemorrhage following injuries to his neck and liver after a road accident in Central Delhi on June 3.
64-year-old Munde, who made his entry into the Union Cabinet for the first time last week, was on his way to the airport when his car was hit by another vehicle at Prithviraj Road-Tughlak Road intersection in the heart of the capital.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Various political leaders have demanded a CBI probe to ascertain the reasons behind his death.
Republican Party of India Chief Ramdas Athawale has demanded CBI inquiry into the death of the Union Minister.