Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Saturday said he was saddened by the decision of his half-brother Daljeet Singh Kohli to join BJP.
“I feel very sad. I have no control. They are all adults,” he said while replying to queries on the sidelines of the Padma awards function here.
Kohli on Friday joined BJP at a public rally in Amritsar in the presence of the party’s prime ministerial candidate
The entry of Kohli, a local businessman, into the BJP came a day after the prime minister rejected perceptions of a ‘Modi wave’ in the country.
Singh on Saturday asserted that Congress could again form the government at the centre. UPA-III is not impossible, the PM said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Welcoming Kohli into the BJP fold, Modi had said he will further strengthen the party.
PMO sources had said Manmohan Singh’s family was “shocked” at the turn of events involving Kohli. “His intentions are not known but he is free to pursue his political career,” they had said, adding the prime minister and Kohli have not been keeping in touch since long.
Prime Minister Singh has six sisters while Kohli is his half-brother, the sources said. The prime minister’s mother died at an early age.