Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Saturday said he was saddened by the decision of his half-brother Daljeet Singh Kohli to join BJP.
“I feel very sad. I have no control. They are all adults,” he said while replying to queries on the sidelines of the Padma awards function here.
Kohli on Friday joined BJP at a public rally in Amritsar in the presence of the party’s prime ministerial candidate
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
The entry of Kohli, a local businessman, into the BJP came a day after the prime minister rejected perceptions of a ‘Modi wave’ in the country.
Singh on Saturday asserted that Congress could again form the government at the centre. UPA-III is not impossible, the PM said.
Welcoming Kohli into the BJP fold, Modi had said he will further strengthen the party.
PMO sources had said Manmohan Singh’s family was “shocked” at the turn of events involving Kohli. “His intentions are not known but he is free to pursue his political career,” they had said, adding the prime minister and Kohli have not been keeping in touch since long.
Prime Minister Singh has six sisters while Kohli is his half-brother, the sources said. The prime minister’s mother died at an early age.