It was an unprecedented scene in Parliament on Thursday as an expelled Congress MP sprayed pepper in the House to prevent the introduction of Telangana bill. The scene that was witnessed next in the House involved fisticuffs, pepper spraying and mike breaking. Here’s how people from across the political spectrum reacted to the incident:
Union Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kamal Nath: Members tried to use gas in the House, gas the House…I did not see but I am informed that there was a knife, there was gas, there were other kinds of weapons…The circumstances and incidents which took place in the House are a big blot on our parliamentary democracy.
Congress leader Rajiv Shukla: It is an attempt to kill other members.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde: We will take action.
Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar: This has shamed us…This has shamed us. Our parliamentary democracy is admired throughout the world. Today what has happened is a blot (on democracy).
Veteran BJP leader L K Advani: It was disgraceful for Parliament.
Trinamool Congress leader Sudip Bandopadhyay: It is unbelievable, disgraceful and unwarranted. Never has it happened in our Parliament and neither anywhere in the world.
Congress MP Sukhinder Reddy: There should be a system to prevent MPs carrying these kinds of materials into the House.
JMM MP Kameshwar Baitha: Temple of democracy was polluted because of this and the guilty should be punished.
Congress leader Bhakta Charan Das: This is terrorist-type of behaviour and insult to democracy.
Samajwadi Party MP Jaya Bachchan: Disgusting.
TRS chief K Chandrasekhar: Today the entire country has come to know why we the Telangana people want to be separated. Their (MPs’) behaviour was for the entire country to see. If this is the behaviour, you could imagine what we are going through. This should not have happened and strong action should be taken against those who have resorted to such acts.