It was an unprecedented scene in Parliament on Thursday as an expelled Congress MP sprayed pepper in the House to prevent the introduction of Telangana bill. The scene that was witnessed next in the House involved fisticuffs, pepper spraying and mike breaking. Here’s how people from across the political spectrum reacted to the incident:
Union Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kamal Nath: Members tried to use gas in the House, gas the House…I did not see but I am informed that there was a knife, there was gas, there were other kinds of weapons…The circumstances and incidents which took place in the House are a big blot on our parliamentary democracy.
Congress leader Rajiv Shukla: It is an attempt to kill other members.
Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde: We will take action.
Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar: This has shamed us…This has shamed us. Our parliamentary democracy is admired throughout the world. Today what has happened is a blot (on democracy).
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Veteran BJP leader L K Advani: It was disgraceful for Parliament.
Trinamool Congress leader Sudip Bandopadhyay: It is unbelievable, disgraceful and unwarranted. Never has it happened in our Parliament and neither anywhere in the world.
Congress MP Sukhinder Reddy: There should be a system to prevent MPs carrying these kinds of materials into the House.
JMM MP Kameshwar Baitha: Temple of democracy was polluted because of this and the guilty should be punished.
Congress leader Bhakta Charan Das: This is terrorist-type of behaviour and insult to democracy.
Samajwadi Party MP Jaya Bachchan: Disgusting.
TRS chief K Chandrasekhar: Today the entire country has come to know why we the Telangana people want to be separated. Their (MPs’) behaviour was for the entire country to see. If this is the behaviour, you could imagine what we are going through. This should not have happened and strong action should be taken against those who have resorted to such acts.