Unfazed by Arvind Kejriwal’s announcement to seek people’s mandate to take on Narendra Modi from Varanasi Lok Sabha seat, the BJP on Sunday said the Aam Aadmi Party leader stands no chance against their prime ministerial nominee.
“There is no doubt that Modi will have a thumping victory from Varanasi. Let Kejriwal file his candidature from that seat. We are sure that people of Varanasi will show him his place in the election,” said Harshad Patel state BJP media convenor.
Virtually ending his suspense Kejriwal on Sunday declared he was ready to take on Modi from Varanasi but linked his final call to the people’s approval there.
Rebutting Kejriwal’s attack on Modi for “shielding” two “corrupt” ministers, Patel said, “Kejriwal never cleared his stand against his minister (Somnath) Bharati. Even after stepping down as Delhi CM, he hasn’t vacated the bungalow allotted to him yet. He also refused to pay toll tax during his visit here…Kejriwal has no moral right to talk about ethics”.
BJP also accused Kejriwal of hankering for publicity by resorting to “cheap gimmicks”.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“People of India saw Kejriwal’s inefficiency as chief minister during his 49-day rule in Delhi. He always wants answers from others, but never gives them to others. He is only interested in getting publicity and nothing else,” Patel said.