“The country is passing through an examination and those changing face from time to time cannot be your true friends,” Gandhi said while campaigning for Congress candidate and Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar.
“Log samay samay par apna chehra badalte hain aur apne nakamiyo ko chipane ke liye Congress par arop lagate hai (People change face from time to time and to shield their failures, blame Congress),” she said during her 15 minute address here.
“They are throwing dust in eyes of people only for sake of the chair,” Gandhi said.
“Loktantra ko muthi me karna chahte hai (they want to seize democracy in their fist),” she said in her maiden poll campaign in Bihar, adding that Congress was needed for development and communal harmony in the country.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Gandhi also attacked Chief Minister Nitish Kumar without naming him.
“Some people in a bid to shield their failure blame the Congress,” she said.
Attacking BJP, she said the party was acting as if only they had done all the development work in the country and others did not do anything.
“Kewal wo hi sache hai (only they are true),” she said.
Referring to enactment of MNREGA, Right to Education, Food Security Law and Land Acquisition law, the UPA Chairperson praised the performance of the Manmohan Singh government in last 10 years and said the ruling coalition had “almost” fulfilled all the promises it made in 2004 as well in 2009.