As Ram Kripal Yadav resigned from all party posts Saturday, RJD chief Lalu Prasad looked to toughen his stand and the BJP seemed keen to induct the Lalu loyalist ahead of the upcoming elections. The BJP, however, has been finding it difficult to convince RJD-rebel Nawal Kishore Yadav, backed by Baba Ramdev, who has been claiming the Pataliputra seat.
RJD shut its doors to Ram Kripal after the party’s Pataliputra candidate and Lalu’s eldest daughter, Misa Bharti, called a press conference to express displeasure over Ram Kripal’s allegation of “emotional atyachar” because of Misa visiting his house on Friday. Misa said Ram Kripal did not tell the whole truth. “Ram Kripal chacha was also member of the party’s parliamentary board that took a call on candidate selection. I am hurt, more so because he did not bother to respect a woman’s sentiments,” she said.
BJP sources told The Indian Express the party leadership is in talks with Ram Kripal but the “matter was getting stuck because the party had committed the Pataliputra seat to former RJD MLC Nawal Kishore Yadav, who recently joined the BJP”.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“We are working out a formula to please both. Ram Kripalji can be an asset to us because he has been a key Lalu man all these years. He can also be a very good Pataliputra candidate opposite Misa and JD(U) sitting MP Ranjan Prasad Yadav,” the source said.
The JD(U), which has been watching the development, is also keen on getting the Lalu aide under its fold. But JD(U) cannot afford to drop sitting Pataliputra MP Ranjan Prasad Yadav to “accommodate” Ram Kripal.