As Ram Kripal Yadav resigned from all party posts Saturday, RJD chief Lalu Prasad looked to toughen his stand and the BJP seemed keen to induct the Lalu loyalist ahead of the upcoming elections. The BJP, however, has been finding it difficult to convince RJD-rebel Nawal Kishore Yadav, backed by Baba Ramdev, who has been claiming the Pataliputra seat.
RJD shut its doors to Ram Kripal after the party’s Pataliputra candidate and Lalu’s eldest daughter, Misa Bharti, called a press conference to express displeasure over Ram Kripal’s allegation of “emotional atyachar” because of Misa visiting his house on Friday. Misa said Ram Kripal did not tell the whole truth. “Ram Kripal chacha was also member of the party’s parliamentary board that took a call on candidate selection. I am hurt, more so because he did not bother to respect a woman’s sentiments,” she said.
BJP sources told The Indian Express the party leadership is in talks with Ram Kripal but the “matter was getting stuck because the party had committed the Pataliputra seat to former RJD MLC Nawal Kishore Yadav, who recently joined the BJP”.
“We are working out a formula to please both. Ram Kripalji can be an asset to us because he has been a key Lalu man all these years. He can also be a very good Pataliputra candidate opposite Misa and JD(U) sitting MP Ranjan Prasad Yadav,” the source said.
The JD(U), which has been watching the development, is also keen on getting the Lalu aide under its fold. But JD(U) cannot afford to drop sitting Pataliputra MP Ranjan Prasad Yadav to “accommodate” Ram Kripal.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More