Faced with one of the worst showing in Lok Sabha elections in which her party failed to open its account, BSP chief Mayawati on Saturday said the parties which had supported the UPA at the Centre faced the anger of the people towards the Congress-led alliance.
“The unprecedented success of BJP in the 16th Lok Sabha elections indicates that the parties which supported the UPA at the Centre to check communal forces had to pay for the anger which the people of the country had for the UPA policies,” Mayawati told newspersons.
The BSP chief did not see any wrong in her party’s strategy and policy for the polls and was confident that her Dalit vote bank was intact.
For the bad showing of her party in the polls, she blamed the misleading propaganda of BJP and other parties, confusion among the Muslims, OBCs and upper castes and efforts of the saffron party to communalise the atmosphere.
“This time our party has not managed to win a single seat in the country…our party BSP feels that BJP, Congress, SP and other political parties’ planned conspiracy and strategy and different types of propaganda is responsible for it,” she said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016