Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has once again appealed to all political parties to ensure the passage of pending bills in Parliament. On Wednesday, the Prime Minister asked all sections of Parliament to cooperate with government to pass important legislations.
When asked about the possible disruption in Parliament over the Telangana issue, Singh brushed aside the query merely by terming it as “hiccups”.
However, both Houses of Parliament were adjourned till noon soon after the session began as Congress and TDP MPs from Seemandhra protested over Centre’s stand on the Telangana.
Here are the highlights of Parliament session:
12.34: The Lok Sabha has been adjourned till tomorrow while the Rajya Sabha has been adjourned till 2 pm today following disruptions.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
12.30 pm: Rajya Sabha fails to hold discussions as anti-Telangana MPs continue to raise slogans and disrupt the business of the House.
12.21 pm: Raising the issue of the death of Arunachal youth Nido Taniam, JD(U) MP Sharad Yadav told the Lok Sabha that the country needs to say no to discrimination.
12.15 pm: Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj raised the issue of death of Arunachal Pradesh youth Nido Taniam in Parliament, saying “youth from all regions need to be protected”. She said that even Arunachal Pradesh was a part of India and should be considered in that manner.